Pop Goes The World Heading to San Diego Comic Con 2014
In a couple of weeks, we here at Pop Goes the World and when I mean we, I really mean me, are heading to San Diego Comic Con 2014 for the very first time.
Now I am heading there as a SDCC volunteer but lets go through day by day at what panels that I hope I get to attend if my volunteer schedule allows it. Please note that as a first-time volunteer, I am not able to attend Preview Night.
Thursday, July 24
- 10 am –24 where star Kiefer Sutherland and executive producer Jon Cassar will be on hand for a retrospective of the series and maybe announce a season 10. (Ballroom 20)
- 11:15 am – Under the Dome stars like Mike Vogel, Dean Morris and Rachelle Lefevre will be on hand to show a sneak peek at what we can expect as season 2 continues. (Ballroom 20)
- Alternate panel 11:15 am-12:15 pm Toy Story That Time Forgot where we will get a first look at the latest Toy Story short. (Room 6A)
- 12:05 pm – Scorpion Attendees will get a peek at the pilot followed by a Q&A with the shows stars like Elyes Gabel, Katharine McPhee and Robert Patrick. (Ballroom 20)
Friday, July 25
- 10 am –The Big Bang Theory – The show’s writers will be on hand in Ballroom 20 to hopefully preview what is upcoming in season 8.
- 11:30 am – iZOMBIE – Executive producer Rob Thomas and stars like Rose McIver and Robert Buckley will be on hand after the show’s pilot screening to answer questions. (Room 6BCF)
- 2:15 pm – Outlander – Hopefully we get a peek at this show before it premieres in August on Starz. Executive producer Ronald D. Moore, author Diana Gabaldon and stars like Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan, and Tobias Menzies will be on-hand. (Room 6A).
- 3 pm-4 pm – Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter This combined panel will tease up season 2 of the former and preview the later. We can expect SHIELD stars like Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen to be attendance and Agent Carter herself Hayley Attwell will be there. (Ballroom 20)
- 5:30 pm – Arrow -Probably one of the panel’s that I really hope I get to attend. Stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and John Barrowman with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg will preview season 3. (Ballroom 20)
Saturday, July 26
- 11am – Once Upon a Time – Let’s hope that we get introduced to the Frozen season 4 arc and see some clips. Also, let’s hope the panel reveals who Elizabeth Mitchell will be playing. (Ballroom 20)
- 8 pm Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: The Flash, Constantine, Arrow and the World Premiere of Gotham | Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances on stage throughout the night, while Arrow star Stephen Amell will emcee the event. (Hall H). Since this is the only thing that I want to attend this day, I hope that I am able to get in and my volunteer schedule allows.
Sunday, July 27
- 10:15 am-11:15 am Seasme Street & Pop Culture: 45 years of Spoofs on the “Street”. Room 6A
Since this is my first time at SDCC, I’ve decided to place my focus on attending panels as that is really the whole reason why I want to go. So don’t leave in the comments asking me to get certain exclusives as I am not really interested in any of them with some exceptions (and it is NOT Hasbro) that I hope to get when I visit the Exhibit floor.
There are a lot of offsite events that I want to check out like the Interactive Zone at Petco and stuff at the Gaslamp district and of course the Gotham zipline!
If you are going to San Diego Comic Con 2014 this year, let me know in the comments and perhaps we can meet up.
Leave a Reply